This past weekend I had the pleasure of speaking at the Eat-Sleep-Love Birth and Babies Fair on Development and Play. The main take aways from the talk were:
* Every child develops at their own pace
* Have faith in the natural developmental process
* Learning happens through play
* Play with your child
* Give your child ample opportunities to play
* Let them explore, struggle, stumble and get back up
I also gave them a development-at-a-glance handout that can be useful for having realistic expectations for a baby’s development and as a guide for what a parent can do to support their baby’s healthy development. I hope that you find it a useful tool too. Comment below if you have older children and would like me to create something similar for older children.